Coronavirus might be taking over, but Fab is still definitely not cancelled

Fab truly is the glue holding us all together

Coronavirus has landed, and by god has it made its impact known. Universities are closing left, right and centre, and The Birmingham Tab has revealed that UoB is making provisions for online summer exams – hell, Covid-19 is even coming for our sex lives.

But one thing remains constant in these trying times – Fab.

That’s right – every UoB student’s favourite club night is open for business, the Guild of Students has confirmed.

In a statement released on the Guild of Students website, it has been confirmed that all “events which are already scheduled will go ahead as planned – unless the Government advice or University policy changes.”

Better get those Orange VKs in for that perfect Vitamin-C boost.

And if you were planning on getting ‘lucky’ at the St. Patrick’s Day Fab, the Guild has also confirmed that both the Guild Awards for student groups and the special-edition Tuesday Fab for the rest of us will still be going ahead.

They’ve also established that “the Guild will not cancel any Guild or student group activity / events (in the Guild or University) unless we are advised to do so.”

So, all being well, ball season will be going ahead – no need to take that Oh Polly dress back just yet.

Joshua Williams, the President of the Guild, told The Birmingham Tab that students should “forget the Corona – it’s two VK Ice’s for £4 at Fab, courtesy of the big man himself Mr AEO.”

Cheers to that, I guess.