Image may contain: Female, Photo, Photography, Portrait, Apparel, Clothing, Face, Skin, Person, Human

The Tab Birmingham is recruiting, and we want you!

Come to the open meeting on 3rd October

The Birmingham Tab is recruiting! Written by Birmingham students, for Birmingham students, we're looking for new writers, meme-makers, video editors and photographers to come and join our team.

Maybe you've read the articles, or spotted a spicy meme on Instagram. Maybe you want to be the next big thing in journalism. Hell, maybe you just fancy writing some jokes content with a group of super fun people. Whatever you're after, The Birmingham Tab is the place for you.

Come and meet us at our open meeting on Thursday 3rd October at 6pm, located in the Arts Main Lecture Theatre and see what we're all about.

Image may contain: High Heel, Robe, Fashion, Gown, Evening Dress, Shoe, Footwear, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

What is The Tab?

The Tab is a student news site with over six million monthly readers, breaking the biggest and best news stories on campus. When student workers were missing out on wages, when a Guild Officer was threatened by the Officer Training soldiers, when four hundred English students skipped out on their lecture, we were the first to cover it.

We've also taught you about your vaginas, got drunk girls to solve Brexit, and conducted a full on photoshoot in the UoB library.

Image may contain: Home Decor, Shelf, Furniture, Human, Person, Room, Book, Indoors, Library

reading books, serving looks

As a student writer, your stories will be shared on The Birmingham Tab Facebook page to an audience of almost 15,000 students. Plus, hundreds of original Tab news stories make national press; if you've ever heard of the Warwick group chat, or the Cambridge student who set fire to a £20 note in front of a homeless man, then you already know the amazing work that journalists for The Tab are capable of.

Why should I write for The Birmingham Tab?

Writing for The Birmingham Tab is the best way to get your work out there to the world – you'll reach tens-of-thousands of readers and gain real-world media experience like no other.

You'll also be supported every step of the way by our very own Assistant Editor based at Tab HQ in London, who will provide training in the basics of reporting, and quality advice on how to make your writing stand out – advice – advice that you won’t get anywhere else.

The Tab is also CV dynamite, and Tab alumni have gone on to work at some of the biggest publications out there, including Vice, Buzzfeed, BBC, The Times, The Telegraph and Vogue, Cosmopolitan and The Sun.

Image may contain: Advertisement, Flyer, Brochure, Poster, Banner, Label, Paper, Text

How can I get involved?

It's simple. If you're keen you can:

Click attending on our Facebook event.

DM us on Instagram.

Message our Facebook page.

You can write as little or as often as you like, and we do some fab socials too. You don't need any experience, and there's so many things to get involved with – whether it's news, features, memes, social media or all of the above, we'd love to have you on board!

Come and join us at the Arts Main lecture Theatre on Thursday 3rd October at 6pm to find out more.

If you have any questions, or can’t make the open meeting, message one of our editors, Annabelle or Nicole.