This is not a drill – YOU can now create your very own KFC burger

Dreams really do come true

Hide Images

As a uni student, I consider myself well-versed when it comes to the realm of fried chicken. From McDonald's classic chicken selects, to the Rooster's meal #3, and even the rogue, questionably edible, chicken.com chicken wrap, I love them all.

I know I'm not alone in my love for these delicious, battered goods, and that is why I feel the need to share what is perhaps the opportunity of a lifetime with my fellow connoisseurs.

There's no place like home

KFC are inviting members of the public to go behind the counter and create their own burger.

That's right, you could be the one to create the next Zinger.

This revolutionary opportunity will be taking place across the UK, in over 300 KFCs, on Saturday March 30th.

Tickets for the event, dubbed KFC Open Kitchen, cost only £5 and include not only the chance to create and demolish your own signature burger, but also a piece of Original Recipe Chicken, fries, a side, and a soft drink of choice.

Attendees will also receive an exclusive KFC hat and apron, perfect for when you can finally be bothered to start cooking.

The man himself

In addition to receiving your own individual meal and envious attire, guests will also be put through their paces in the kitchen. Remind anyone else of their first, minimum-wage paying job?

Speaking of the opportunity, Rob Swain, Chief Operations Officer of KFC UK & Ireland, stated:

'We’re really proud of the food we serve, and all the care that goes into making our chicken taste as incredible as it does. We want to welcome everyone in to give them the chance to see what makes it so finger lickin’ good.

'We can’t wait to show the nation how it’s done.'

A great gift for Mother's Day

Tickets for the spectacular event can be purchased here.

All profits raised will be donated to the KFC Foundation, which supports local charities who are passionate about developing and nurturing young people. So not only will you be living out the dream, you'll also be helping those in need – it's a win-win!