A student hosted a party at a Greggs last night with free booze and pasties

It was dubbed the ‘Ministry of Greggs’ and I wish I had been there

Last night a Greggs shop was transformed into a nightclub for one night only after a Birmingham student simply asked on Facebook if they could have a party in their store.

Third year Nikki Gardner contacted Greggs hoping of secure a "welcome back to uni" party for herself and her friends, all self-confessed Greggs lovers.

The bakery chain allowed Nikki to invite 50 friends, but it wasn't long before the queue attracted the attention of passers by, with many wanting to join the party.

Greggs provided free alcohol and, of course, free pastries. There was a massive fridge stocked full of beer, cider, gin and vodka, and Greggs employees kept bringing out batches of bakes and sausage rolls throughout the night.

So simple, how did I not think to do this

Speaking to The Tab, Nikki said: "I came back to uni for my final year and wanted to celebrate being back. Me and my mates love Greggs so I just thought I'd ask. Never actually thought they'd reply, let alone actually throw the party!"

Nikki and her mates on their very own Greggs night, so jammy

This saw the birth of the "Ministry of Greggs", a truly unique party complete with inflatable pastries, confetti canons, and club lighting.

Introducing the no. 1 Greggs fan who brought a cardboard pasty with him…

At the end of the night they let everyone take home as many doughnuts as they could hold, Nikki said: "People were leaving with armfuls of them!"

I wish my local Greggs looked like this

I wish my local Greggs looked like this

A local radio DJ and student DJs provided the tunes, and then Nikki took over for an hour, "[I] played some classic Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters mixed in with some speed garage just to keep my mates happy." According to Nikki even the manager joined in and started "throwing some shapes".

Here are the rest of the best pictures from the night:

Tbf most Greggs have a queue outside of them, just not normally at night

This should become a mainstay of most club in my humble opinion

It was a messy one, that's for sure

It was a messy one, that's for sure