Brum beats Oxbridge in student survey

We were University of the Year once

editor the tab birmingham student survey the tab the tab brum UoB

UoB has been voted 36th best University in the UK in a student survey on whatuni

Despite our campus being pretty iconic and the recent update in study and sport facilities, UoB lost out on the top spot in the student satisfaction survey to speciality agricultural college Harper Adams.

Is it because I’m always 5 minutes slow?

Students voted in categories including accommodation, facilities and the student union, but Brum still didn’t gain a place in the Top 20, leaving us behind Uni’s including Newcastle, Loughborough, Keele and Leeds College of Art.

Fab wasn’t fab enough for the Top 20

According to data, overall student satisfaction has gone up, rising from 81 per cent in 2015 to 83 per cent in 2016. However, votes in categories including job prospects, student support, clubs and societies, and student unions have seen a significant drop.

But are students at top Universities across the country voting in the survey at all? Oxford University was voted 50th by its students, despite often ranking first or second place in student surveys rated by subject. Cambridge ranked 46th whereas Durham placed a little higher at 29th place.

We may not have scooped University of the Year this year, but at least we’ve still got number one for graduate employment going for us.

Thank you for my grad job