Student chased down Alton Road by hooded gang

The Selly Oak crime wave continues

A Brum student was chased down Alton Road by a gang and has warned others not to walk alone via a post on the Fab Facebook page.

The Theology and Religion student posted the warning message on Facebook at around 1:20am this morning. It read: “A group of guys with balaclavas and hoodies chased me through Alton Road ten minutes ago.

“It was four of five people I couldn’t see their faces, and they came round the corner from Bristol Road. I stupidly had my phone out and they ran after me.

“Please be careful walking on your own, avoid it if possible.”

The student stated that she had reported the incident to the police in the Facebook post.

A spokesperson from the West Midlands Police said: “There was a report from a woman around 1.10am this morning

“She reported being ran at in Alton Road, Selly Oak by around five men wearing hoodies.

“She was not injured and nothing was said to her. Police searched the area and enquiries are on-going.”

It is currently unclear whether or not this incident is linked to previous attacks across Selly Oak that have occurred in recent weeks.

Anyone with further information is urged to contact the police by calling 101, or 999 if witnessing an incident and it is safe to do so.