Police release video of man wanted in connection with attacks in Selly

He is thought to have sexually assaulted four women

attack crime hate selly oak sex station the tab birmingham the tab brum train

British Transport Police and West Midlands Police continue to search for the Selly Oak attacker who is believed to have assaulted four women including a student.

The attacker became known to the public in December 2015, after British Transport Police (BTP) released clear CCTV footage of him chasing a 22-year-old girl on the platform of Selly Oak Station late at night.

After this footage was released, the BTP were alerted of multiple West Midlands Police enquiries regarding a man fitting the same description.

Several women came forward last year saying that they had been assaulted by a Chinese man, aged between 20 and 30, who was reported to have been wearing a blue padded jacket on several occasions.

The attacker has been seen wearing this blue padded jacket several times

The reported attacks, which all took place last September, include the sexual assault of a women on Exeter Road, an assualt of a woman as she walked home with her friend on Hubert Road and the assualt of a 19-year-old student living on Bournbrook Road after she opened her front door to the attacker.

Due to the volume of attacks, police have renewed their appeal to find the man.

The Police wrote on their Facebook page: “We have been working closely with West Midlands Police to identify the suspect but, although the CCTV has been viewed thousands of times on social media, we are yet to be given a name for him.

“The footage is of such high quality and we are sure someone out there knows who he is. We hope issuing it again – in light of the other assaults – will prick someone’s conscience and move them to do the right thing.

“We have not been made aware of any further incidents since September, but if anyone else has been approached and has not reported it then please call police so we can investigate.”

Anyone with information is urged to call West Midlands Police on 101 or text BTP on 61016.