The Queen is coming to Birmingham next week

Doubt she’ll come to Selly though

birmingham her love majesty queen

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh are coming to Birmingham to check out our flash new Grand Central station.

Next Thursday, the royal couple will attend the opening of the £50 million Dentistry school and take a trip on one of the new Metro trams.

The duo will also lay a wreath during a commemoration ceremony at the Pals War Memorial for the railway men who died in World War One.

Hey Liz

Despite the Queen’s extensive itinerary, Carys Bedford, a second year English student is a bit disappointed by the news.

She said: “The news of Queenie coming to Birmingham is exciting, but I’m not going to lie, I probably would have been even more ecstatic if Prince Haz would have been tagging along but hey, a royal is a royal.”

The Queen with hubby Prince Philip

Eve Kaye, a third year Psychology student thinks the event proves Birmingham is making its mark.

She added: “I think it’s great the Queen is coming and showing her support and it’s proving Birmingham is truly up and coming and a really exciting place to live.”

Be sure to keep your eye out for the Queen at the end of next week. Who knows, she might end up in Selly one day.