How to survive the zombie apocalypse when it comes to Birmingham

You’re welcome

apocalyspe birmingham campus funny uni UoB zombie zombie apocalypse

Imagine you wake up one day and the worst has happened: a mystery virus has taken hold of campus, turning students and staff alike into flesh-eating zombies… how would you survive? It could happen, guys. 

Even the Tab isn’t safe

Find your base

The Strathcona building is an obvious choice, given it basically looks like a prison anyway, so it’ll be pretty easy to barricade yourself inside. Muirhead Tower’s also a safe bet. No students can be arsed to walk all the way to the top of it, and zombies don’t know how to work a lift.

The library’s out of the question. You don’t want to be stuck trying desperately to swipe your card through the barriers while the zombie hordes descend on you.

They’re a bit thick

Locate your resources

The savvy survivor will see the zombie apocalypse as a great opportunity: you get to raid the overpriced stocks of Spar in the Guild without being charged the extortionate prices. Result. Stock up on Pot Noodles and wait it out. Guard your stash with your life, it could all blow over soon and you’ll be set for the rest of the year.

Shit scary

Defend yourself

Get creative with what to use as a weapon. Anything can take out a zombie when you throw it at them from your vantage point at the top of Old Joe, and you won’t be needing your textbooks now the world has descended into zombified madness.

It’s important to stick together in a zombie apocalypse. Find yourself a fierce and strategic team of survivors, and you’ll get through this.

It could be you next…

Take our advice. Only you will have the guts, the resources, and the knowledge to survive. Or you could just head to the Soak and wait for it all to blow over.

2.8 Hours Later is coming to Birmingham April 11 and 18.