Our university is one of the most international in the world

It’s good news for Birmingham

international students international university times higher education university of birmingham

Our delightful university is the 81st most international university in the world.

Rankings published by Times Higher Education show we’ve climbed five places from last year.

The figures are based on an institution’s percentage of international staff, international students and the proportion of its research papers published with a co-author from another country.

It’s not really a surprise Birmingham has made the list with 5,000 students from over 150 countries choosing to make Brum their home.

International lecturers make up 31 per cent of teaching staff, giving Birmingham an impressive array of international perspectives.

The university also has four international offices situated across the globe, from Brazil to India.

With regards to Brum’s expanding international outlook, Professor David Eastwood, the University’s Vice Chancellor, said: “By laying the foundations for serious collaborations with leading universities across the globe, we internationalise the experience of our students and enable the University to compete as a global research power.”

Brum is a home away from home

Aditi Anand, second year international student from Singapore, said: “Birmingham has always been well ranked and reputed within the UK, so it is nice to see it gaining more international recognition.

“As an international student in Birmingham, I am, of course, thrilled with the news as it means the University’s global reputation is also growing.”