There’s a guy prowling the freshers’ group on the hunt for a wife

He’s offering $500 if you get him a visa

gaza saad

An unknown man is perusing the freshers’ group begging for a hand in marriage.

Saad Abdullah, reportedly from Gaza, has been displaying unfeasible levels of romantic prowess, but it’s not just one lady receiving these special attentions.

In fact it’s quite a few. Well, more than a few. Actually, it’s pretty much any female with a pulse.

Hmmm…

Is it real? Is there really a Saad Abdullah, or is this just a student with too much time on their hands? Concerned freshers are shocked at the persistence, but as one Biochemist pointed out: “How can anyone benefit from pretending to be a random guy from Gaza?” Mild entertainment followed by cultural awareness guilt-trip not included.

Whoever he is, Gaza is really not where he wants to be right now. He is offering $500 to random freshers to get him a visa.

We tried inboxing him directly, only to be offered money again and to be treated as UK immigration officials. We only barely persuaded him to get an email address and email the uni.

All of Saad’s approaches have been met with simple failure, then mockery, then anger as even students with larger than normal reserves of patience are left with a stream of unwanted notifications from constant requests of marriage.

Well…mostly anger.

One student was kind enough to put down links to UK immigration policy webpages, even switching to Arabic to try and explain the situation: “If he’s actually being genuine then he should be content with all the information he’s been given, but it doesn’t seem like he is.”

Even casual posts in the group aren’t safe.

Ben Holland, studying Nuclear Engineering said: “My personal favourite was the girl who lost her ID and he went ‘I am sorry for this. Are you single I am looking for a girl to marry’.

“I feel a bit sorry for him some times, and can imagine if he really does have as bad a life as he says then he’d do anything to leave, especially with all the violence over there.”

Really…very apologetic.

Awwww

But this compassion hasn’t stopped others from mounting a monumental piss-take operation and offering up friends to Saad’s conquest of love.

No but seriously join the Facebook group, we need to sort this guy out.