Birmingham student Jason Tatlock has been found

Jason has been found by police staying with friends at Bangor University

Karen Brinton, mother of missing student Jason Tatlock, has been informed by Bangor police that her son was found staying with Bangor University students.

The news come after a nightmarish week for Karen and the family, after it was confirmed that Jason- a student believed to be suffering from depression- had been missing since last Monday.

Jason Tatlock found alive and well

Announcing the news on a Facebook Page called Find Jason Tatlock, Karen said: “Police in Bangor have found Jason, he is safe and staying with new friends from Bangor University.

“It’s been a nightmarish week but at least he has been found and is safe.”

Speaking openly about her relief at finding her son, she added: “Police in Bangor have been 100% fantastic and have worked so hard for us as a family.

“Not only that but today alerts were put up in Bangor all over their media and Missing Persons also issued an alert of his disappearance.

“So with all this help today, I had alot of hope he would be found.” 

Mother and son pictured here

Recently found Jason, who is believed to have run away from home for personal reasons, took to Facebook to issue his apologies and thanks to those who had helped find him.

“I am with friends at Bangor University and I don’t want anyone to worry anymore.

“As for the past week and this week, I just need to calm down and take a step back and go home for a fresh start.

“I also want to apologise to my family and friends for making them worried about my wellbeing.

“I want to finish this with a massive thankyou for all the support.”

It is hoped that Jason will return home at some point this week.