Gorgon City to headline Freshers’ Fest

The choice of Gorgon City as this year’s Freshers ball headliners has left many first-years feeling short changed

Freshers are eagerly anticipating this year’s Freshers’ Ball headline act- Gorgon City- despite only knowing one of their songs. 

It appears this year’s freshers finale is on the wrong side of a rip-off, after the announcement that a Freshers Fest ticket will set you back a whopping £60.

Coming to a freshers near you

In what has been branded “one of the two most important nights you will attend at university” by the Guild, freshers are looking forward to bopping along to the one hit wonder- for a staggering £60.

Given the electronic duo’s success at festivals this summer, their fame is increasing and they are set to blow up this year even though at the moment we still barely know who they are.

Lucy Wingate, who’s about to start a Liberal Arts and Sciences degree, told The Tab: “I’m not really sure how I feel about Gorgon City headlining the ball.

“I only really know one of their songs but I’ve seen they’ve been performing at quite a few festivals this year so hopefully they’re really good live.”

Rosie McMahon, a fresher, agrees. She said: “I think Gorgon City is a pretty cool headliner.

“People have said they were their favourite act at Glastonbury!”

Unfortunately no sign of the token Toga Party in this year’s Freshers’ package

The ticket fee does include entry to up to 13 events at this year’s Freshers’ Fest, but several students have opted out of blowing their budget when they don’t even get to go to Thorpe Park like Roehampton.

Gorgon City probably won’t be this fun, points to Roehampton

Many are choosing to slum it with Aston and BCU by taking advantage of the bargain priced Third Party tickets, which cost just half of the full freshers package.

But even with the £32 bargain pack, freshers will still be forced to endure Players on a Monday and Risa on Wednesday- hardly the best nights to be seen there.

You’d have to be clinically insane to go anywhere NEAR Players if it wasn’t Tuesday