The Library: Your Pet Peeves

With tension building in the Library during the dreaded exam period, we found out what really grinds your gears

And so it’s begun. Third term has descended upon us like a swarm of locusts to Pharaoh’s Egypt.

No longer are we able to put off our work in favour of old Jeremy Kyle episodes and a cup of tea with some just-a-few-days-past-it’s-sell-by-date milk.

Oh, no. This term is all about the slog. Wake up time? 7am. Dress code? Your holiest leggings. Location? The Dreaded Library.

Epicenter of all things shit, UoB’s main library has become the social hub for the next six weeks.

It is here that sweet wrappers become the devil, and Kardashian-fearing staff members become celebrities.

It is here that many a Library newbie can be encountered, naive and unaware of the strict social constraints. The Tab asked some of you more experienced Library-goers exactly what it is about the Library that ticks you off during this terrible time of year. 

No matter how tough things get Library-goers please refrain from rioting, the finish line is encroaching slowly.

Good luck with all your exams!