Brum voted the 2nd least romantic place in Britain

The verdict is out this Valentines, as survey ranks Birmingham less romantic than Scunthorpe and Blackpool

Despite being home to Cadbury’s and the Jewellery Quarter- destination for all things shiny and sparkly, Birmingham is down-and-out when it comes to romance, according to a recent survey.

The survey of 2,000 people by Hotels.com, saw Brum come 2nd in the top ten least romantic destinations.

The verdict: Birmingham is seriously lacking in Casanova’s

There will be few hearts and PDAs forecast this brummie Valentines.

Only Slough managed to beat us to the top spot, and who can argue with that result – stay classy Slough.

Scunthorpe and Hull are considered marginally more romantic – maybe they splash the cash and go for the deluxe meal at KFC on their dates.

On the other side of the spectrum, the Lake District and Cotswold topped the most romantic destinations list.

Showing just how statistically sound the survey is, London made it onto both lists.

But have no fear, while Birmingham may not win the romance factor, it is in fact the naughtiest place in the UK (cringe).

Postcode Anywhere’s research ranks Birmingham as the highest spender on both lingerie and adult gifts, kinky.

Get naughty this Valentines

So this Valentines don’t be disappointed if a candle-lit dinner at Roosters is what your other half is proposing, because there will probably be a saucy Anne Summers gift waiting for you when you get home.