PANIC: 37% of graduate jobs are allocated by the end of second year

Don’t drop out just yet though – The Tab has found a solution!

Students waiting until their final year to apply for jobs may be horrified to find that more than a THIRD of jobs have already been taken, suggests leading student recruitment site WeConnectStudents.

Recent research also indicates that 25% of employers are keen to start connecting with students in their first year, as opposed to waiting until final year as previously assumed.

So it’s clear that the early bird catches the worm. But even if you do apply early, how many employers bother to respond? How much easier would it be if employers came to you instead, because you seem pretty fantastic?

‘There has to be an easier way to do this’ Oliver Dickinson, co-founder of WeConnectStudents

Fortunately for you, WeConnectStudents built a website to do just that. All you have to do is fill out a quick form on their site, and wait for the interviews and jobs to come rolling in from companies who already like the look of you. Already around 3000 students a month are being contacted by employers through the site, and the number is growing every day.

Oliver Dickinson, co-founder of WeConnectStudents, knows from his own experience as a student  how hard the whole process can be. After speaking to friends in the same position during his second year, he decided to set up his own site to make things easier for the rest of us.

He explained to The Tab: “The problem is there are all these jobs posted on the internet, but how are we as students supposed to know which ones to go for, how do we interpret what these employers are looking for?”

Even better than a 2-4-1 text from Dominoes

Getting a text from Santander offering you an interview while you’re playing GTA has got to be much better than spending hours stalking CEOs online.

Fill out your profile and let employers come to you

Oliver also stressed how important it is to get ahead of the game and make sure your profile is online from the very first year onwards, even if you don’t think you have much to offer: “The main thing is not to be afraid of building that profile from year one. Often students will say ‘I’ve got no work experience, what am I supposed to put on there?’ That doesn’t matter – your profile will build as you go. What it means is that 24/7, you can be found by employers.”

Unfortunately, dogs cannot use this service

The site also helps you learn exactly how to make a cracking CV, and understand the difference between what info matters and what doesn’t. Students are already heaping their praises on the site, celebrating the fact that it ‘actually works’ and is ‘easy to use’.

So next time you are bemoaning your prospective unemployment as you watch four consecutive episodes of Come Dine With Me, grab your laptop and sign up to WeConnectStudents. Finding a job couldn’t be easier.

Click here to visit WeConnectStudents, where companies find students.