The morning after the night before

You are not alone in your embarrassing drunken antics. Looking back in the morning is painful for us all.

It’s hard to remember the last time we went out and didn’t ask ourselves the next morning “what the hell happened last night?!”

If you’re nursing a hangover this morning, maybe a few of these scenarios will seem familiar, because yes, you did really do that. We say the best way to look at it is, “if you don’t laugh, you’ll cry.”

Here are some of our most typical regrettable moments:

It seemed pretty cool and clever at the time…

Best Friends

For some of us, the embarrassment doesn’t hit straight away, rather it comes back to you in flashbacks throughout the day… remember running up to that girl who may be a friend of your friend’s brother’s flatmate? They certainly do, because you nearly took them out.

“OMG HEY!!! I KNOW YOUR BROTHER’S FLATMATE’S EX’S COUSIN-LET’S BE FRIENDS”

Story Time

At the time it may have seemed like the most comforting thing in the world to tell the taxi driver your life story – what you wanted to be as a kid, how you’re failing your degree and how you are going to end up alone.

To make things worse, remember those drivers are stone cold sober (we hope) and they’re going to remember everything you told them the next time you climb in a good ol’ Castle Cars.

(They hopefully probably filter out all our crap, but they still might recognise you if you shared something particularly awful.)

Bed Buddies

Sometimes of course the regret is instant and hits you as soon as you roll over. It’s the age old story of waking up with somebody in your bed and for the life of you, you don’t know how they got there. Well maybe you do, but sometimes it’s better to just forget.

Don’t roll over…

Read It And Weep

We all dread the moment when the time has come to check your phone and assess the damage. Maybe you’ll be greeted with the welcoming sight of only a few ‘where r u???’ texts but, for many of us, it’s not so great. You may wake up to see you’ve texted your boss, your grandma, or some boy/girl that probably doesn’t even know your name.

Or worse still, you realise that you’ve actually somehow managed to email your tutor. Believe me, it can happen.

Lost again…

“Healthy Eating”

Stomach churning, you’re probably regretting stuffing your face with Rooster’s or any of the Bristol Road eateries the night before. But if you are anything like those of us who lived in Maple Bank in first year, you may regret running around Mason asking for food – living up to the pauper stereotype in true style. But hey, it did result in some free digestive biscuits.

Do It ‘Til You Drop

Sometimes when you get back from a night out, all you want to do is fall asleep and you will do so wherever you end up dropping. Whether that be on a floor fall of smashed glass, by the lake on The Vale, or even in a rubbish bin on Broad Street: anything to try and get that all-important eight hours kip in!

Cinderella returns from the ball

Slut Drop And Roll

Hairbrush karaoke

Amongst all the unanswered questions after a night out, one of the most prominent may be why you are finding it so hard to get out of bed. Feeling like you’ve just done an intense workout? Blame it on the slut-drops. Or for the more drunk of you – the slut drop and stay down. Wonder why you have no voice? Blame it on the fact that you thought you were the Cher of our generation last night.

This certainly isn’t an extensive list of the stupid stuff that us students get up to, but maybe it will make you realise you really aren’t the only one to have had a few regretful nights or two. Here’s to many more!