Image may contain: Selfie, Smile, Club, Photo, Photography, Portrait, People, Face, Party, Person, Human

Here’s why you should write for The Tab Belfast

We meet for pints once a fortnight

We are looking for new writers to join our team. On Thursday 26th September at Parlour we are having our first meeting of the new semester.

Here are all of the reasons why you should come along.

To write about what students want to hear

Image may contain: Finger, Clothing, Apparel, Text, Face, Accessory, Accessories, Glasses, Person, Human

We broke the story of the lads taking a 60-year-old man on a night out which reached thousands of people. We also spotted a man urinating on people from the balcony at Plastik, and a full-on professional gig in a house in the Holylands.

These are the stories students want to hear about, and we are the ones who break them.

And stories that really matter

Image may contain: Clock Tower, Town, City, Urban, Downtown, Parliament, Steeple, Spire, Castle, Human, Person, Palace, Mansion, Housing, House, Tower, Building, Architecture

We also tackle serious and controversial issues, including the adequacy of mental health services at Queen's, and Northern Ireland's abortion legislation.

Flo Perry, Editor at Buzzfeed, and a former Tab writer said: “The Tab is a unique platform for students to get their voice heard. There is no other organisation offering such creative freedom with such a big audience. It was the most fun thing I did at uni, and I wouldn’t have the job I have now without it.”

And she's not the only one who has cracked into the world of journalism after experience at The Tab. Our stories have been picked up by the New York Times, The Telegraph, and The Guardian, to name a few.

Our writers have gone on to work for Vogue, The Times, The Mail, and the New Statesman.

It's great craic

Image may contain: Overcoat, Suit, Female, Shoe, Footwear, Kilt, Plaid, Tartan, Skirt, Person, Human, Coat, Clothing, Apparel

The Tab is a creative platform at the end of the day, and it's not just about articles; we produce quizzes, polls, competitions, clubbers of the week, and keep our readers in the loop with our Instagram.

And you can get your opinion out there

Image may contain: Art, Painting, Apparel, Clothing, Girl, Poster, Paper, Brochure, Flyer, Advertisement, Smile, Woman, Face, Female, Human, Person

If you want to be part of a great team, break into the world of journalism, spice up your CV, or just break the biggest news around campus, join us at Parlour next Thursday 26th September.

If you can't make it DM our instagram!