Image may contain: Crowd, Costume, People, Face, Apparel, Clothing, Human, Person

First trailer drops for Derry Girls series two

This is not a drill

The trailer for series two of Derry Girls dropped last night, and says it's "coming soon".

In January 2018, the Channel 4 sitcom Derry Girls captured our hearts. The six-part series followed 16-year-old Erin and her friends as they tried to navigate the pressures and worries of teenage life in 1990s Derry.

Surrounded by armoured vehicles, British soldiers, and military checkpoints the gang of five made us laugh, cringe, and cry as they stumbled through the various traumas and experiences of secondary school life.

Nicola Coughlan (Claire Devlin) tweeted a clip of the new trailer, adding "THIS IS NOT A DRILL #WereBackMuthafuckaaaassss".

The trailer features all of the things that had us hooked from episode one; Granda Joe's snappy retorts, Michelle's feisty confidence, and of course, scene-stealing Sister Michael's snide sarcasm. Even the dreamy Father Peter is set to make a return.

The show, written by Queen's University Belfast graduate Lisa McGee, was a hit all over the world, even becoming a favourite amongst American Netflix watchers. Now, all of our dreams are coming true, as the Derry Girls are returning for a new series.

The heart-wrenching final scene of the first series left an imprint on all who watched. The laugh-out-loud gags, the subtle-but-genius jokes, the nostalgia, the 90s fashion, and the heartwarming moments between friends and family are all to return to our TV screens very, very soon. We cannot wait to see where the Derry Girls take us next.