Image may contain: Bead, Accessories, Person, People, Human

Student founders of Belfast theatre East Broadway shortlisted for The Tab Founder’s 30

Students Katie-Rose Spence and Alex Mckelvey of East Broadway have been shortlisted for The Tab Founder’s 30 – here’s why you should vote for them

Two students from Northern Ireland have been shortlisted in the Tab Founder's 30, a campaign to acknowledge some of the country's top student entrepreneurs, supported by Ernst & Young.

In April 2016, East Broadway first took to the stage with a concert entitled 'A Night at the Musicals'. They raised an impressive sum of £650 for a charity called Tiny Life who support premature and vulnerable babies in Northern Ireland. East Broadway was founded by two students, Alex Mckelvey who is studying Musical Theatre at Bath Spa University and acts as the Musical Director, and Katie-Rose Spence, East Broadway's Creative Director who is currently studying Health and Social Care at Belfast Metropolitan.

Image may contain: Team, Furniture, Chair, Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Person, People, Human

From 'A Night at the Musicals'

Both students are admirably committed to their cause: "teach, inspire, perform" and it is as a result of this that they have been shortlisted for The Tab Founder's 30. East Broadway is a fantastic non-profit theatre organisation dedicated to allowing those who would normally not be able to get involved in the performing arts to gain experience and express themselves, extending beyond simply performing. They aim to offer opportunities in all aspects of the performing arts, from acting to directing, front of house to design.

Image may contain: Smile, Portrait, Face, Person, People, Human

Based in East Belfast, East Broadway has come a long way since their first performance, with a rendition of 'Beauty and the Beast' at Sunflowerfest in 2016 which they were asked to return to this year performing 'Little Shop of Terrors', their adaption of 'Little Shop of Horrors', to fit the festival's theme of 'space'. This was such a success they were invited to perform the same set at Belfast Culture Night in September. They also hosted a Mama Mia movie night and karaoke event, both to raise funds for their upcoming 2018 projects and to donate to Belfast Child for the use of their rehearsal space and their much appreciated support.

East Broadway's dedication and vision is nothing short of wonderful so give Alex and Katie-Rose the support and recognition they deserve by voting for them in The Tab Founder's 30 – all the best of luck guys, keep up the great work! You can vote for them here.