Thursdaze to run a ‘F*ck homelessness’ party

Maybe some charity will help us all feel better about the whole Trump thing

Purveyos of techno, Thursdaze, are tomorrow running a so called “F*ck homelessness party at Foundry nightclub just off the Dublin Road. The party is in aid of the Welcome Organisation, a local charity that runs a number of services including soup kitchens and housing support.

This is the second F*ck Homelessness party Thursdaze has run, with the last earning nearly £2000 for the Welcome Organisation. This year they are adding a shoebox appeal to the party, looking for any unwanted items that could go to helping people in need across the city.

Last week Thursdaze posted a message on their Fb page announcing the event:

“FVCK HOMELESSNESS, AGAIN! It’s getting cold out there coming into winter, so after last years spate of deaths on our streets & how much we raised the last time we’ve decided to do another party for the Welcome Organisation! Most of us are only a few pay-cheques away from losing everything & looking around our streets we all know that something needs to be done, so please come down to Foundry on November 10th and help improve some lives just by partying.”

We reached out to Thursdaze DJ Pete Woods to find out more about the night. “It’s clear that there’s an ever growing homelessness problem in Belfast, after the success of our first fundraiser and seeing the great work that the Welcome Organisation is doing we’re glad to be able to do this again in our new home at Foundry. We got great buy-in from our customers the last time, with the donations we gave totalling £1800, so we’re hoping that everyone can come out and give generously to a great cause by simply having a party!”

You can have the craic and give back tomorrow, Thursday 10th November at Foundry, Bankmore square. Sounds good to us.