What’s on in Belfast this Halloween

As if the Holylands wasn’t scary enough at 4am

As Halloween draws nearer again another great list of events comes to Belfast. Wether you’re a vampire, a werwolf or just drunk, these spooky parties should be right up your alley. Weather you like to chill out and watch your favourite scary movie or you’ve got your costume ready for a very messy night out, heres a line up of whats available this halloween.

Halloween Movie Night – QUBSU25th October – 6.30pm

Are hosting a halloween movie night on Tuesday the 25th of October! Doors open at 6.30pm. The movies include a classic halloween treat of Ghostbusters starting at 7.30pm and afterwards its showing The Conjuring the 2013 jumpfest from James Wann. If you haven’t seen this paranormal movie you should definitely head down to the union and check it out. What better way to watch your scary movies but with a few drinks on the comfy seats in Mandela?

Crumlin Road Gaol  Bookings October – 9th November – Crumlin Road Belfast

Why not spend this halloween in a former prison from the victorian era where people have been executed? Feeling brave chose the Ghost hunt tour and explore inside the walls of the prison for £15 pounds where there’s “Sightings, noises and unexplained happenings” Book your tickets on their website now bookings fill up fast.

Halloween Monster Mash & Fireworks Display– Slipways, Titanic Belfast – 30th October -4pm 

For the more family style halloween “Belfast’s biggest and best Halloween event is back and is promising guests plenty of weird and wonderful action” according to Belfast City Council. Its on Sunday 30th October at the Slipways, Titanic Belfast with a ‘movie blockbusters’ theme – and a cast of thousands. It starts at 4pm and with fire shows, jugglers, street theatre, wicked arts and crafts shops, it promises to be a fun filled day.

Fright Night at The Jungle – Moneymore, Co Derry, October 7-Novermber 3rd

Said to be Northern Ireland’s scariest outdoor experience, Fright Night features the original Woodland Trail but with lights, special effects, new sets and some horrible creatures and other features including, The Circus, Freaky Forest, Hellish Hay Cart, Inbred Horror House and Cornfield. Woodland Trail tickets are priced at £26 per person and includes one scare attraction token. To buy the tickets check out Fright Night NI on Facebook.

However halloween like another holiday for students is another reason to drink the night away! so if your feeling like a night out on the clubbers scene of things why not try some of these places.

Box Shox – The Sequel – Box nightclub – Odyssey – 31st October – 8.30pm

Organised by Box Nightclub within the Odyssey Complex, entry on the night is £8 pounds. Tickets are also available on their website with doors opening at 8.30pm

The Crawling dead -Bar Crawl – Laverys – 8pm 

Starting in Laverys bar at 8pm and ending the night in filthys night club. It is a wristbands system so you can dress up how you like. Your ticket includes your Crawling Dead Hospital band and face mask (Ltd qty) as well as entry to 4 of Belfast’s best pre bars. Tickets from only £6 available on there Facebook page LooseCrawl Belfast – The Crawling Dead.

The Fright Institute pt II – Foundry – 8pm

Timmy Stewart brings the Halloween vibes to his weekly saturday night residency in Foundry and with him Sheffield’s Chris Duckenfield. Expect spacey house, fancy dress and thumping basslines.

Halloween Spooktacular Mandela Hall – 28th October – 8pm

Hosted in Mandela hall Friday the 28th of October, There will be £500 in prizes for best costume, as well as there drinks offers.Tickets £5 and available at QUBSU reception and online at http://qub.glistrr.com/

Oktoberfest Belfast does Halloween – Kings Hall (Balmoral Hall) 28th & 29th October – 8pm

With a spooky theme Oktoberfest brings all it’s usual entertainment with german food beer and music with the added twist of horror and costume competition. Each night will have a winner. The event is event is being hosted by Cool FM’s Stephen Clements and Pete Snodden.

Or for those students looking to save a few pounds look up some haunted houses an explore at night for them creepy halloween vibes.