There’s no other place in the world like Limelight

Chocolate tequila anyone?

It’s institutionalised. It’s Tuesdays. It’s probably the best part of your week. It’s Limelight and it’s your favourite. It’s so good one of the staff got a tattoo of the logo on their chest. You’ll always run into someone you see and probably grab a chocolate tequila with them. It’s also the reason you’re hungover right now.

These same songs will be played every night

Seriously the only thing more predictable than who in your class is going to have to resit at the end of the year is the Limelight playlist. Every you will see the same tunes brought out. Pure crowd pleasers. It’s gotten so bad my friend Jamie has a ludicrously comprehensive list of Limelight Classics. We love them all, but c’mon guys, maybe switch it up every once in a while?

Have your ID checked multiple times 

For such an innocuously safe club, the security in Limelight’s only a little bit tighter than Guantanamo. Don’t be surprised to have your ID passed around different bouncers or scanned with a Blue Light. Am glad none of these guys were bus drivers when I was in school or I never would have been able to blag a free journey when I forgot my pass.

Spend an inordinate amount of time in line for the smoking area

Another staple of any night at Limelight. There is always a queue for the smoking area, it is always long and you are always sloshed, And speaking of tight security, do not step out of line. This will be swiftly punished.

You will realise the red lights in the smoking area are not actually heaters

After minutes of wondering why you’re balltic even though you’re sitting directly under a heater, you will notice the heater shaped lights are just that, red coloured, heater shaped lights. One of the most shameless ways anyone has ever made their smoking area look promising. If you don’t believe me, go check again, they’re just red lightbulbs.

Make yourself sick with chocolate tequila

We’ve all done it, and we will all do it again.

Play a game of Mario kart while horrendously smashed

You know it’s bad when the guy running the Wii has to take the controller off you. Somehow, your performance of 12th place on Rainbow Road will be the most embarrassing memory of the night.

You will make a single trip to Limelight 2 

For a laugh after a few drinks you will venture into Limelight 2 to headbang to a bit of Fallout Boy before treking back to your comfort zone.

If you’re from the other side, you will journey to Limelight 1

And end up enjoying Come on Eileen despite yourself.

Accidentally buy a drink in Katies Bar

And nearly shit yourself when you realise none of the drinks offers you’ve become accustomed to apply.

Finally, you will stand outside drunkenly negotiating with Taxis

It doesn’t matter that they came for someone else yo know you can convince them. And to be honest you probably will. This is also the magical time of night that someone ends up stealing one of the limelight barriers.