Why is there beef between Ulster University and QUB?

I wish we could all be friends

The rivalry between Queen’s and Jordanstown is as intense as that of Springfield and Shelbyville, except this beef wasn’t started over the right to marry our own cousins.

Those who refuse to be friends with people from the other university need to grow the fuck up. You’re not any better than someone in Jordanstown because you go to Queen’s, and vice versa, just because somebody yakked about being better than UUJ doesn’t mean they mean it. Stop being butthurt and grow up.

To be fair, the UUJ campus is peng

Ulster University offer many courses that Queen’s do not such as Biomedical Engineering, Radiography, Dietetics and Dance (who goes to uni to dance – well apart from drunkenly in a nightclub?) giving variety to those who want to study in Northern Ireland but aren’t offered their preferred course by Queen’s.

Of course Queen’s is more prestigious, Jordanstown has only been part of Ulster University since 1982. Eton is more prestigious than whatever secondary school you went to, and as a bonus people don’t think you’re a prick for going to your own secondary school.

Imagine pre-school with a student loan

QUB’s Russell Group status is irrelevant as every region in the UK is required to have a Russell Group university. QUB were most recently 36th, down from 31st in national rankings, with Ulster 66th, up from 81st – the gap is closing. If you’re not doing your degree at Oxford or Cambridge, it realistically isn’t gonna be worth much more than the same degree from a different university.

Most employers are simply looking for a 2:1, ignoring what university you’ve just come from which puts UUJ students on a level playing field with a QUBhead upon graduation.

So original

Ulster have James Nesbitt as their chancellor, Liam Neeson may have gone to Queen’s and as much superior as Mr. Taken is, will he shake your hand and give you your degree upon graduation? No, no he won’t.

The only way Queens actually trumps Jordanstown is the ability to drink alcohol in the SU, but I guess since the bar in Jordanstown closed, it’s national ranking went up. Maybe it was the problem bringing UUJ down.

Stop the snobbery

Can we not all admit that like our friends on the Simpsons, whether from Shelbyville or Springfield, we have more in common with each other than we have different. To the Queen’s students, enjoy all your accidentally obtained degrees from Jordanstown every time you step out of your front door, they’ll be meaningless when you get a 2:2 and a Jordanstowner gets a 2:1 in their actual degree. Carry on with the funny yaks, but stop taking them to heart, nobody really means them – and if they do they’re a dick.