Queen’s SWOT society hoping to raise £35k at this year’s fashion show

Tickets are available this week

Next Monday the Whitla Hall will host the 25th annual SWOT fashion show fund-raiser.

Around 180 students will take part in next week’s fashion show as part of the QUB SWOT society’s fund-raiser. The event will raise money for hospitals and clinics in developing countries, and this year the society are hoping to raise £35,000 on the night.

Students have been in weekly rehearsals for months

It is the biggest SWOT event of the year and students have been rehearsing for the past six months for Monday’s show. The funds raised by the SWOT society over the year will go towards hospitals, where students will work abroad over the summer.

Co-ordinator Hannah Gillespie told The Tab: “SWOT is a fantastic charity engaging many of Queen’s University Students with different events throughout the year. We have been growing year on year and this year we are hoping to raise a staggering £60,0000. An impossible thought at times but we are hoping with your help we can reach our target. The unique quality of SWOT is that the money is raised by students and taken directly to where it is needed most by the students. This helps ensure any money you donate is taken to the right place in responsible hands.

Last year’s event was a roaring success

“The dedication to SWOT goes beyond the committee with many other people contributing a lot of time to raising as much money as possible. SWOT cannot continue without dedicated volunteers and for this we are extremely grateful. SWOT is a unique charity with a lot of heart and soul as its foundations. A charity which brings people together raising money on a scale not seen in many other Universities. It is a testament to the Medical Students, QUB campus and people of Ireland who support this great charity in raising money for those who are not fortunate enough to have access to the healthcare we are accustomed to.”
Tickets are £30 and will be available at the SU reception all week.