Queen’s fresher Rebecca Finlay has been nominated for Closer’s blogger mum of the year

She needs your vote

Theology first year Rebecca Finlay has been nominated for Closer Magazine’s blogger mum of the year and she needs your vote to win.

Her blog, Maverick Mum is where she documents her life of raising a toddler at university and has started to receive national recognition. Through the blog, Rebecca discusses the day to day experiences of raising two-year-old Reuben.

Rebecca is one of four blogger mums nominated for a Closer Mum of the Year award, where the winner will receive “some fabulous prizes”.

On their website, Closer posted: “A mum’s work is never, ever done – and here at Closer we believe these amazing women should be recognised for their hard work. Which is why we want to reward hard-working, dedicated and inspirational mums – and we need your help. For Closer’s Mum of the Year awards 2016, we’ve shortlisted six celebrities, six bloggers and six ‘normal’ mums for you to choose from.”

Rebecca told The Tab: “I’m up against the best mum bloggers in the UK and I’ve no idea how I ended up on the list. Like seriously one of them very conveniently published a book last week and has 400,000 followers. But I’m very stubborn and refuse to give up so basically I need all of NI to vote.”

You can vote for Rebecca here.