How much does a big week out in Belfast cost you?

It’s a lot

Ever come home from a night out and realise you’ve spent so much money, but not sure what on? Of course you have. Either that, or you’ve been too hungover to care. Thankfully, we’ve worked out for you what an average big week out in Belfast would cost you.

For ease we’ll count pre-drinks as a half bottle of vodka plus mixer (approx. £8- which will be included in the total spend) per night.

Monday: Union

Located near all student areas, you only need to pay for a taxi if it’s raining, so straight away we’re off to a winner. Throw in the £1 guest-list entry and you’ve hit the jackpot, until you start slamming the drinks inside into you.

Sure £4 double vodkas seem a bargain, but with a cash machine at the top of the stairs you’ve burned a big hole in your pocket. Thankfully you avoid the temptation of stopping off at a chippy on the way home, unless you live in Botanic, because Gilgamesh… Ew. Total spend : £38

You’d be sad too if you spilled your drink.

Tuesday: Limelight

This is where the taxi fares start to sting you, £1.30 each in the taxi which is most likely £2.50 because somebody only has a twenty, but you’ve been promised they’ll buy you a drink inside so you don’t mind too much.

£5 at the door and since you’re not surrounded by bank machines seducing you, you’ll only spend the £15 you’ve brought out with you inside. A double vodka and a chocolate tequila x3 and you’ve made a solid investment with your £15, unfortunately, the stock prices will probably plummet around the time you wake up in the morning. Total spend: £30.50

CCTV during a bank robbery and nightclub photographers are practically the same thing

Wednesday: Villa

You’ve been enticed to the promised land of 90p drinks. It seems to good to be true. Perhaps it is.

You’ve travelled along the yellow brick road in your taxi (£2) and reached paradise, only to the queue outside like the Boojum queue on steroids.

You’ve sobered up by the time you eventually get in and to top it all off you’ve not brought enough cash to regain your drunkenness – Mr. Card makes an appearance. After braving the queue at the bar you’ve stocked up for winter and you don’t want to face that storm again. Ten Jägerbombs (£9), a double vodka (£1.80) all downed and a bottle of wine (£10) purchased to be your mate, and you’re sorted… well, after you get a McNugget meal (£5) and a taxi home (£2). Total spend: £37.80

Squad photo better be worth it when you’re spending that much

Thursday: El Divino

You’ve become an endless hangover. Constantly grumpy and trying to sleep, but you’re going for it. Night 4, the twilight of your bender because you’re a trooper.

You storm into the taxi like a Vietnam veteran and direct him to the battlefield. You arrive at El Divino with your comrades and split the taxi (£1.70). March up to the queue and pay in (£4 – because your boy knows someone who does guest-list).

3 double vodkas fired into you (£15) and you spend the rest of the night mesmerised by the fancy lights on the top floor forgetting even your name. A scramble for a taxi home will cost you, and it truly is a battlefield for a taxi after El D (£2.50 as some of your mates have scored and there’s only 2 of you left to split the taxi).

Total spend: £33.80

“What the fuck is he doing?” – kinda wish I knew myself…

Weekend

Face it, as a student you stay in at the weekends. The locals are scary.

Total spend throughout the week: £140.10

And to think, you could have spent that money on 3.2 One Direction tickets to a cancelled gig. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.