Queen’s lands a spot in the top 200 unis in the world

Jordanstown didn’t make 400

Queen’s is one of the top 200 unis in the world, according to The Times World University Rankings.

QUB is sitting pretty in the top 200, soaring over 100 places from last year’s league table.

You’ll always be #1 to me, Queen’s.

The league table, which is partly based on publication and citation data from Elsevier’s Scopus, ranked 34 UK institutions in the top 200 with Queen’s being one of them.

How one might celebrate such a victory.

Phil Baty, the editor of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings said: “The United Kingdom is a stand-out performer in this year’s rankings, boasting an impressive 78 institutions overall, with 34 of these sitting in the top 200.

“The University of Oxford, the highest-ranked UK institution, is world number two. It appears the UK’s position in the rankings has benefitted from the fact that the country’s research excellence framework (REF) assessment took place in the middle of the World University Ranking’s period of assessment.”

Queen’s has been ranked more than twice higher than UUJ, which sits at 401-500 in the league table.