Northern Ireland is the happiest place in the UK

And it’s not just because we’ve got Limelight

Northern Ireland has been revealed as the happiest place in the United Kingdom.

We rated our happiness at a 7.8 out of 10, a whole 0.3 higher than the UK’s average.

David Cameron’s Happiness Index shows nearly two-fifths of people in Northern Ireland rate their satisfaction with life as 9/10 out of 10.

Even Jon Snow seems happy to be in Belfast.

A country with a tourist board which consists of promoting one of the greatest failures in 20th century’s maritime history and TV show Game of Thrones (where almost everyone dies) doesn’t sound like the happiest place in all the UK.

You’re wrong.

Check out those sweet happiness ratings.

Belfast’s bustling nightlife and growing comedy scene got us a 7.35 on the happiness scale.

And then there’s Derry.

Not only is it the birthplace of Seamus Heaney, one of the most renowned poets of the 20th century, but it was also voted the City of Culture in 2013.

Great carry out spots such as Belfast castle can also lead to increased happiness levels.

Let alone Paddy’s day in Norn Iron.

We are surrounded by some of the most breathtaking sights in all the UK, be it the spectacle that is the north coast, home to the Giant’s Causeway or the areas of outstanding natural beauty that are the Ring of Gullion and the Mourne Mountains.

Not only are they great for Sunday spins but they contain a rich mythological history which helps give the country its unique identity.

If that’s not something to be happy about, you go find me something that is.

Sure it wouldn’t bring a smile to your face? Another great spot for a carry out.

Overall the report which measures a person’s general wellbeing shows that people are getting happier.

Although the study also found the Welsh to be the most miserable in the UK, with their happiness rating sitting 0.1 below the national average.

Come over to Belfast, sure we’ll show you how to have fun.