All grown up: Stunning Elm’s Village gets premium facelift

These rooms will turn heads

Local fresher containment facility, Elm’s village has posted photos to Facebook of their new “premium” digs.

Say yello’ to your bright new kitchen, and goodbye to the only time you’ll see it this clean

In a magnitude of transformation not seen in Belfast since the smicky husk of M-Club was hollowed out to create poser-mecca Alibi, the old, magnolia cinderblocks of Elm’s have been given a makeover that wouldn’t be out of place in Ikea catalogue.

Where the magic (and awkward morning-after pillow talk) happens…

Setting you back at a cool £119 per week (50 quid a week more expensive than the cheapest rooms available at Elms), the premium rooms are on offer for next years’ freshers.

These rooms can be found on the separate “GB Students” section of the QUB accommodation website. Following on from university’s recently announced scholarships of up to £2,500 for English, Scottish, Welsh and Isle-of-Manish students, these new premium rooms seem to continue a new recruitment drive aimed at the UK mainland.

For the rest of us, looking at these slick new rooms is sure to bring back the all too fresh memories of living in a yellow-brick breezeblock chalet while learning the hard way what it feels like to have your first “real” hangover.

Green, the same colour as your envy of next years freshers

One thing is for certain though, getting a peep inside QUB’s fancy new accommodation gives yet more incentive to pull a first year during next September’s freshers week.