Chilla of the Week: Are you lazier than this man?

Prove it

biggest chilla gavin lazy slob

Bill Gates once claimed he would hire a lazy person to face a difficult task because a lazy person would find the easiest way to do it.

This generation of students have a reputation for being lazy slobs who won’t get out of their sofa unless it was to answer the door to collect their pizza order.

It’s only after a verbal battle of shouting “dibs not getting it” before some poor soul has to make the crippling effort of getting up, organising the money and awkwardly taking the pizza from the delivery man while avoiding giving a tip.

This may be a harsh stereotype but some students have embraced such a way of living and proudly practice their laid back methods as though it were a badge of honour.

One such man is Gavin Tallon, a repeating first year studying Computer Science.

look at his smug face

After all if being lazy was easy, everyone would be doing it. They say it takes commitment and hard work to get good at anything and this is no different.

To live this lifestyle you have to eliminate any guilty conscience you might have about not going to class, meeting deadlines or staying in the house all day.

Easier said than done when it comes to the anxiety riddled young people of today who are constantly reminded of the lack of opportunities out there in this big bad world. Does Gavin give a damn? No he does not.

I met Gavin in a gloomy living room,his feet up on the sofa, hand clutched to his phone and eyes fixed on the screen as the continuous bleeping noise of candy crush played throughout our interview.

I asked him about his year so far and he boasted proudly about how  he has succeeded in watching every season in various TV shows including One Tree Hill, Friday Night Lights, Sons of Anarchy and Geordie Shore.

Each of these series have multiple seasons with each episode lasting over 50 minutes.

His next conquest is to be Game Of Thrones.

Gavin explained how he is “king of the house” and the main chair parked in front of the TV, right next to the radiator is his throne.

When asked about his academic studies he laughed: “Aye they’re dead on” without breaking eye contact from his game.

He went on to tell me: “I had a test one Tuesday so instead of going out on a Monday night like I always do, I went to my friend Michaels for a few drinks.

“We played poker with some mates, had a couple beers, a few bottles of wine, went through a pack of cigarettes and was home before half one in the morning.

“If I had gone out I would have ended up going to a house party or something afterwards and not being home to about 5am but sacrifices had to be made.”

When asked how the test went he smugly claimed:

“Aw deadly, got 58 so watched a few episodes of Sons of Anarchy and hit the Hatfield for a few to celebrate”.

It’s enough to enrage the common student.

Attitude to work

Gavin doesn’t believe in breaking a sweat to achieve his goals yet manages to be in the same position as other university students who put  blood, sweat and tears into their work.

Gavin is a god.

Think you can challenge Gavin’s claim to the biggest chilla throne? Email [email protected], or get in touch with us on Facebook or Twitter.