QUB rated an average 47th best uni in UK (by ourselves)

Maybe we’re just humble

47TH place qub whatuni

According to Whatuni’s recently released rankings, QUB students think our uni is distinctively average.

We ranked a pretty boring 47th out of the 113 unis listed (although we did score an impressive 4/5 stars on the site).

Students were asked about accommodation, night-life, clubs and societies, courses, job prospects, our views on the student union and the facilities available.

It appears Queens obtained a “meh” response from everyone.

English and History finalist Grainne McKinney was appropriately indifferent to the news.

She said: “It doesn’t surprise me that Queen’s is 47th. It isnt fantastic and it isn’t awful. I would describe as ‘alright’.”

Perhaps we just don’t like to brag about it as much as Loughborough University, Harper Adams University or Swansea University who came  first, second and third respectively.

Queen’s students have indeed proven that while others can be overwhelmed or underwhelmed, we’re simply ‘whelmed’.

Could Kit Harington’s recent attack on Belfast have lowered QUB students’ self-esteem? Jon Snow recently described Belfast as “wonderfully depressing”, the cheeky git.

The remarks are bound to have damaged our ego, as well as hurting our feelings.

It’s also worth noting that WhatUni have used the Lanyon building as the cover page for their site, so at while we might be boring, at least we’re pretty.