Have you recovered from Paddy’s Day yet?

Because The Holylands haven’t

alcohol belfast Holylands Saint Patrick's Day students University

We ventured into “The Lands” to ask you about your hangovers, the morning after and the big day itself. 

Paddy’s Day is here and gone. It came with its usual steamy green white and gold blur, smelt of cheap cider and sounded like a thousand Holylanders pretending to know all the words to The Rattling Bog.

It was fantastic. Like really good. If you weren’t there you should have been.

The streets were packed full of entrepreneurial rose sellers, local volunteers, police personnel and fun loving students. If anything it was a whole lot more interesting than the parade down in the city centre.

Sometimes I think there’s more to being Irish than being rediculously drunk. And someday I hope to find out what that is Sometimes I think there’s more to being Irish than being ridiculously drunk. And someday I hope to find out what that is

The Lands entertained its inhabitants with the performance a few classic Rock-the-Boats.

Alongside this more than a few leprechauns and Patricks were spotted. Fr. Ted Crilly was also seen protesting the pouring of publically consumed alcohol.

Danny ‘Bines’ Murtagh,who studies Computer Science when he’s not playing pool, rates his hangover as a seven.

On the day itself he says he drank, “Tinnies to get me into gear, and a bottle of ding times three – I splashed out on the Strongbow for the special occasion.”

Wouldn’t we all Daniel, wouldn’t we all.

His head is currently in a shed

Danny says the maddest thing he saw on the day itself was, “some fella defecating in a chimney”.

He would also like to say R.I.P to his mate Cacky who has yet to surface. One like= one prayer for Cacky.

“Hey fellas, do you know what would be great? If I took a shite in that chimney up there”

Law second year Aaron Murchan said: “On a scale of one to ten I am getting it tight”.

Fellow law student Owen Finnegan seems to be in a better way saying, “Three days of alcohol and I would still fancy a pint”.

Party Pram

Ronan Matthews, Agincourt resident, says he passed out midway through the day but got back on it round midnight.

Today he is reported to, “feel and look like an egg”.

Post Paddy’s and the land itself seems hungover. The streets are filled with kebab wrappers, bits of furniture and more than a few broken bottles of a preferred tonic wine. Saint Patrick’s Day lived up to its name.

There seems to be a haze in the air and more than a few residents are showing signs of that thousand mile stare.

But sure, it’s only one day a year.