Dodgy Dunluce is the most dangerous road to live on

And you thought you had to avoid the Holylands

| UPDATED crime dunluce noad psni spree stats

A massive 157 crimes were reported from Dunluce Avenue over the course of ten months.

Notorious Dunluce has been revealed as the most crime-filled road in the Queen’s University area, with a hefty 28 crimes committed in the month of November alone.

Our data was taken from Police UK stats for areas that were solely populated by students or where second and third years commonly live. Had we included roads which were partially residential or which included the first year accommodation of Elms, Malone Road would have been higher.

Jill Quigley, a finance student on placement, shares the heartwarming story of the day her 12-year-old sister came to visit.

She said: “We were walking down the street at around 6pm and an elderly man was taking a piss. He yelled after us ‘Hey girls, do you want to see my willy!?’ A highlight from my time in Dunluce.”

The stretch of road scored an impressive average of 16 crimes per month, more than double the amount experienced in others such as Eglantine Avenue (4.7 per month) or Rugby Road (2.6 per month).

Catherine McLaughlin, a second year studying Fine Art and previous occupant of Dunluce Avenue, is unsurprised by the findings.

She said: “It doesn’t shock me at all that Dunluce is the most dangerous. I was on my own in the house a lot and it was intimidating. I also had to walk home from my shifts at Limelight, and if I was alone I would run down the street.

“It was like survival of the fittest”

Aidan Scott, another survivor of Dunluce, describes the day a burglar broke in while he was inside the house last June, a month in which 21 crimes were reported in the street.

He said: “I had just sent my housemates to the shop for a slush puppy because I was hanging. A few minutes later I heard several loud bangs and doors slamming downstairs. I went down to check, obviously not assuming it would be a burglar.

“There he was, like a squirrel with it’s nuts, holding a laptop, speakers and x box controllers. I shouted and he threw the laptop in my face before running out what was left of our backdoor.”

The avenue experienced 157 crimes over ten months

However Agincourt Avenue was a close runner up for the most dangerous street to live on. A central area in the Holylands, Agincourt is known for being one for those who like taking risks with their property and safety.

Agincourt experienced an impressive 145 crimes in the period ranging from September 2013 until June 2014, with an average of 14.5 crimes per month.

Elisha Cunningham, Agincourt resident and Music Technology student, describes living there with a shudder

She said: “It’s really loud at random hours,like at noon or 4am and there’s someone screaming or shouting. It’s basically like being in I am Legend when Will Smith is in the bath and all the monsters are outside.”

A robbery in the Holylands left three girls traumatised last year

Chlorine Gardens came lowest on the list with only 11 instances of criminal activity from September until June. The next lowest number on the list was given to Landseer street which was targeted by criminals a mere 19 times.

So there you have it, if you’re planning on moving out next year be prepared. On average every street ranging from Stranmillis, to the Lisburn Road and the Holylands, was targeted by crime a minimum of 4 times a month.

Big bad Belfast takes no prisoners. Probably best not to let your mammy read this.