Armed robbery at Stranmillis off-license

It happened on Saturday night

belfast qub stranmillis

Armed robbers held up a Stranmillis off-license on Saturday after two men entered the premises at around 8.45pm carrying a baseball bat.

One male staff member of the Lockview Road shop was struck in the face before the two men fled with a sum of money and headed towards the Stranmillis roundabout.

The staff member declined medical attention, but he and a female staff member, both in their 20s, were left badly shaken.

Detective Sergeant James Johnston said: “One of the men is described as being approximately 6ft tall and of above average build. He was wearing a black waterproof coat and had a Belfast accent.

“The other man is described as being approximately 5’8″ tall, of slim build and was wearing a dark coloured coat, a grey hooded top and had a Belfast accent.”

“I would appeal to anyone with any information about this incident to contact CID at Musgrave Police Station on the non emergency number 101. Or if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details, they can contact the the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111.”

The incident happened on Lockview Road in Stranmillis

This comes after a similar incident where a Stranmillis Road shop was held up in December.

The PSNI have been contacted for further details, but could not comment on the incident.

Did you witness this attack? Let us know at [email protected]