We went for a swanky Valentine’s Day date in McDonald’s

They’re lovin’ it

bromance date dinner food McDonalds valentines

On Valentine’s Day a couple of University of Ulster students stuck two fingers up to tradition and decided to celebrate bromance instead.

And where better to do it than their local McDonald’s in Coleraine?

Stephen Cameron and Scott Hunter brought a classier atmosphere to the fast food joint on Saturday the 14th.

Stephen, a Criminology third year at Jordanstown said: “We both work in Spar on Saturday nights and after our shift we usually head to McDonald’s.

“This year we were talking about how depressing it was being on with each other on Valentine’s day and Scott was saying how fed up he was with all the mushy facebook statuses. So we decided we may as well have a bit of craic and go all out for a laugh”

awk

The boys went all out with their fast food meal. Both wore suits and Scott, a Journalism second year at Coleraine, brought plates and cutlery in a schoolbag.

Stephen nabbed his mum’s good tablecloth and the boys set up a bromantic table for two.

Stephen said: “We ordered two grand meals and the guy brought them down, telling us to ‘work away’. The staff were really good, up for a laugh.

“People had started taking pictures and even before we had finished eating a photo had appeared on Facebook”

So have the boys been overwhelmed with fangirls wishing to end their lonely days?

Scott said: “No adoring fans yet, it’s mostly just been people coming up with the photo and asking if it’s me. I’ve also been getting snapchat stories from people I don’t even know”

Stephen added,”I’ve had a few friend requests but that’s about the height of it. Most people just find it funny and admire our nerve. I bet we’ll be back next Valentine’s day…”

The boys finished up their evening of guy love in stereotypical fashion…a late one playing X Box.