Queen’s maintains international uni spot in world rankings

It’s all terribly exciting

international outlook ranking students the times

For the second year in a row Queen’s has been ranked 251-275 out of a possible 400 universities in The Times World University Rankings.

The list is made up of the best global universities and is based on criteria such as teaching, research and citations.

Joining Queen’s in the same rank were National University of Ireland, Galway, University of Iceland and the Univeristy of Witwatersrand in South Africa.

Nice to know we’re in the company of greats.

Top of the table came the usual snobby suspects, with the California Institute of Technology beating Harvard, Oxford, Princeton and Imperial College London to first place.

Aberystwyth and Aston trailed in at the bottom of the list.

Queen’s has come out just better than average and we’re just delighted. Even if our teaching was rated a rather dismal 30%. Some students may find this surprising…the vast majority might not.

Typical lecture at QUB

However it was in the ‘international outlook’ arena that Queen’s shone brightest, scoring an impressive 88.6%.

International student Lisa Finke, who moved from Bonn in Germany to study Politics at Queen’s, said: “Queen’s is ideal for the international student.

“Belfast is small and exciting- there is so much to do here and it has such an interesting history. I like it here,there’s support for international students such as myself.

“Though I find the Northern Irish accent hard to understand at times.”

Don’t we all Lisa, don’t we all.