Vote for Belfast’s best student takeaway

As students we want food that’s fast, cheap and really bad for us. All of these places deliver on those crucial factors.

boojum chalcos chip co dominos fast food food take-away

Maggie Mays

You haven’t lived until you have tried a Maggie Mays milkshake. Four scoops of ice-cream and enough sugar to give a sports science student a heart attack,they are worth every calorie.

A fry from Maggie Mays is also bound to cure any hangover, and helpful symbols on the menu tell you what food will kill your ailments.

Chip Company

Anyone who’s ever been to the Empire will have undoubtedly visited Chip Co. afterwards. Chip Company is superior to most other chippies, mainly because it stays open late and they don’t care if you’re stinkin drunk.  There’s not just chicken in those goujons, love is the secret recipe.

Look how happy these boys are

Boojum

Of course Boojum was going to make the list. The queue is always out the door and you’re officially not a real student until you’ve had one of their burritos.

Die hard Boojum addicts are the proud owners of not just one, but several t-shirts. Wear them with pride.

Standard

Chalcos

However if you don’t feel like waiting 20 minutes for a taco, there’s always Chalcos.Cheap, friendly, two minutes from the union and none of this sharing-tables malarkey.  Chalcos is Boojum for the introvert.

Dominos

Oh Dominos, saviour of students across the land. Where would we be without you to call at half 3 in the morning begging for stuffed crust with garlic mayo? Thank you Dominos, from all of us.

So hot, so spicy

Gilgamesh

Opinion is divided on Gilgamesh. Some say it’s delicious after spending a night in the Bot, others claim it’s only good for food poisoning.

Still, even if you don’t fancy risking one of their kebabs, Gilgamesh has a great after-club atmosphere. They keep those flashing lights going all day kids, and we wouldn’t change that for the world.