Queen’s did a promo video for Movember… and it’s pretty cringe

Just stop

celebraties cringe movember mustache qub research video

The medical faculty at Queens are obviously very good at what they do, but promo videos are outside their area of expertise I’m afraid.

Joe O’Sullivan, the main man heading up new advances in cancer care and the poster boy of research at Queen’s, regales us with terrible silent reaction shots to ‘local celebrities’ putting moustaches on their faces.

Look how shocked he is!

Ol’ Joe takes a confusing route to work, passing Martin McGuiness eating a chocolate moustache lollipop and Mary Peters selling balloons in Botanic.

Marty at his very finest

Laminated moustaches and awkward dancing combined with a soundtrack that wouldn’t be out of place on Cebeebies. It’s difficult to watch without cringing.

They have really tried here, and Queen’s obviously thinks their efforts paid off. I mean who doesn’t want to see Eamonn Holmes wearing a moustache upside down!

It’s just brilliant. Right?

It’s possibly even worse than SWOT’s attempt last year.

We still love you Eamonn.

The best thing about the video is the various food-types used as moustache placebos. Kudos to Queen’s Silver Service for manufacturing shortbread facial hair.

There’s also a cringe shot of these lads sitting outside Chip Company who were presumably bribed with free ‘tache sausages to be in this video.

Bless ’em

The work done by Queen’s in terms of cancer research is amazing, but the awkwardness of this video is hard to overcome.

There are film studies students on campus that could make something better the night before the deadline, with their iPhone.

Ew. Use a napkin luv

Queens are ‘on the forefront of prostate Cancer breakthroughs’. Brilliant, game-changing work is being done here and every donation is important.

It’s just a shame we had to witness local politicians pretending to have craic over a foam moustache to tell us that.

Bants

If you can stomach it, watch the video here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds8oontIbTY [/youtube]