So you’ve made it to QUB… here’s what you should do next

The most important freshers preparation is joining The Tab, obviously.

CONGRATULATIONS, you’ve passed your exams and got a place at your dream university Queen’s University Belfast.

We are after all still the best university in Northern Ireland.

Your whole new life experience is just weeks away, and The Tab is here to make it better.

Cue Freshers week, uncountable house parties and the inevitable all-nighters to reach those assignment deadlines.

The post-freshers future may seem as bleak as queuing for a Boojum with a hangover, but have no fear, The Tab is here.

The Tab is read by two million people a month, and that’s because we bring students news they care about.

We’ve broken massive stories here in Belfast, such as cocaine in our uni, massive library fines at the McClay and SU’s motion to ban Remembrance Day poppies.

You will have lectures in buildings like this….

If you want to be part of the best team at uni and care about action on campus (not writing about a film you watched from the comfort of your sofa) then get in touch.

Contact our editors Charlotte or Grainne and prepare to be part of a team that takes nothing seriously – apart from news.

If you want to write about national politics, don’t write for The Tab.

But if you want to be part of what students really care about and deliver news students want to know, we want you.

You’ll also receive the coveted Tab Tee and invitations to our legendary socials.

Join us, we’ve got cute pugs.

If you can’t be arsed to write, but love a bit of gossip, we’d love to hear your tales of debauchery – email [email protected] or get in touch with us on our Facebook or Twitter.

If your story is worth it, the hot shots over at Tab HQ will pay you anything from £5 to £500 for it.

May your freshers be a big and messy blur – just make sure you come and tell us all how wild you are.

If you want to be a journalist, want your CV to stand out from the crowd or just want to meet new people and have good craic then sign up with us

We want to nurture your innocent bright-eyed fresher face into a full-blown uni legend – and together we will be exceptional.

.. and we’ll be with you every step of the way

Congratulations again and we look forward to being your distraction this year at Queen’s.