Are the days of “Box” nightclub numbered?

The Craic may not be 90 much longer for “Box” as new prospective buyers seek to make the Odyssey Pavilion family friendly.

90 Box closing craic nightclub Odyssey

The Odyssey complex, arena included, was built for a cool £120 million as part of the Millennium project in Northern Ireland.

However The Pavilion end of the Odyssey went into administration in 2010 and eventually went onto the market to be sold in 2012.

As it stands the Irish bank that currently own the Pavilion are in negotiations with Dublin based family business KPMG. There has been rumors of the area being turned into a play park.

All that is needed is the approval of the Odyssey Trust, and “Box” night club could be no more.

This would mean Belfast losing its biggest nightclub in terms of how many revellers it can hold, and one of the cheapest due to its now infamous “Craic’s 90” night on a Tuesday where all shots are 90p each.

“Box” nightclub is a haven for students, especially for 1st years and cash strapped students who can get drunk on the knowledge they have only spent £15 in the whole night.

This will be a tough few weeks as (some)  students keep their fingers crossed that the deal with KPMG falls through so that the craic can continue to be 90.