18 things every Queen’s student must do

They say memory is the gift that keeps on giving, and Belfast certainly is the place to turn yourself into a living legend… In the eyes of your friends at least. Try completing our Bucket List before the end of semester and enjoy the glory of being the Ultimate Student for the rest of the summer. 

| UPDATED bot botanic bucket list ed graduation Parlour queens student thigns to do

With the end of the year fast approaching there are only a few weeks left to cram in as many epic student-esque activities as possible. So before everyone heads their separate ways  we’ve come up with a Bucket List of things every student should do before heading home.

1. Eggeoke

Grab as many people as possible, drag them to Eg on a Thursday night and belt out the classics over a jug of Love Machine. They have everything from Country and Western to contemporary pop hits so no matter your taste in music, there is no excuse to not get up and embarrass yourself.

Groovy.

1. The Big Lad Burger Challenge

For the day after Eggeoke there is BUILD-A-BURGER. The only place to console yourself over the awful video of you that popped up on Facebook, and simultaneously cure your hangover with enough meat and carbs to feed the 5000.

Food coma imminent.

1. 10 Different Shots… One night.

Face it, you aren’t going to actually revise tomorrow anyway. May as well get yourself to Box for those 90p shots and see what exactly does happen when you mix 10 drinks at once.

1. Have A Drink In Each Area Of Elms Village

Ash, Willow, Rowan, Holly, Chestnut, Sycamore, Treehouse – you name it, you have to drink in it.   Your mission: to get into a flat that is hosting pre-drinks in each area of Elms, join them for a drink or two then get out of there and on to the next. Finishing the night with a bunch of strangers in a night-club or the Holy Lands is mandatory.

Stage 1: Complete.

1. Go Busking For A Day

If Egg-eoke has inspired you to be the next Miley Cyrus, it’s time to take it to the streets and get yourself noticed, y’know, just in case those finals don’t go as well as you hope.

Also it’s a great way to (maybe) make some money, which you can then donate to a charity or a friend who’s blown their loan, making yourself feel great in the process.

1. 3 Days, 3 Nights: No Sleep.

Whilst many of us have probably unintentionally managed this over freshers/exams or in the days leading up to an assignment deadline, this time you want it. No naps, just coffee, junk food and lot’s and lot’s of energy drinks…

First of many coffeesss

1. Become A Centurion (100 shots of beer in 100 minutes)

Centurion = Completed. Props to Charlotte Atkinson and her flatmates!

If anything, getting to call yourself a Centurion is pretty fun.

1. Buy A Tramp A Gift

Whether it be the Indiana-Jones-Hat-Wearing-High-As-A-Kite-Hipster-Hobo (who is actually pretty good craic) outside Wellington or the sweet looking Romanian lady on Botanic, make their day and get them something nice. Buy a copy of Big Issue, give them a coffee. Offer to take their place if they’ll write you a 3000 word essay on contemporary urban experience…. Think of others for a change!

1. Crash A Society Party

We all know our own societies can get awfully boring, but there’s always one that hosts a banging party towards exam-time. Member or not you deserve to be there, you were practically invited by that guy in the library who was talking about it with his friends at the table across the room… Sort of.

English students on the rampage

10. Don’t Spend Any Money For A Week

As students we nearly hit poverty on a daily basis, but can you survive an entire week without spending any money at all?

Nothing like a home-made dinner? Bread, butter, teabags and milk all stolen from home.

11. Get 50 photos With Randoms In One Night

Almost managed it.

12. Go On A Bar Crawl

No, not a Bar Crawl whereby you go to various bars and enjoy the dubious brands of alcohol they serve in varied strengths. Bar Crawl wherein you’ve drank so much you literally must crawl from one bar to the next #studentstyle

They see us crawlin’

13. Go On A Road Trip

For the large part of the student population who don’t have cars, the trains and buses in Belfast can still get you to a marvel of different places.

14. Win A Lip Sync Competition

Emma Stone style…

15. Win A Pub Quiz

We highly recommend the quizzes in the SU (we once won £30 worth of free Nandos vouchers, £30 worth of Boojum and a £10 voucher for Villa Italia just saying). Parlour on Thursday night is also hard to beat. Free in and for those of you don’t think you can win – second last place gets a free jug of Sex on the Beach. The prize everyone really wants to win. 16. Try Alcohol You’ve Never Heard Of Before

Why is the rum always… Pink? And what is burdock beer exactly?

17. Cling Film Your Roommate’s Possessions – e.g Car, Toilet Seat, Individual Cutlery   Other great ideas include flicking their room key under their door whilst they’re in the kitchen, hiding all their food and cling-filming ther hands together when they fall asleep. 18. Try Every Food Place On Botanic In One Week. Trust me. It’s possible.