Spring Staples

Here comes Spring and along with it a chance to freshen up our wardrobes.

fashion spring

It’s that time of year when we throw up our arms in excitement; that’s right, we can finally get rid of our winter warmers. It’s time to embrace the sunshine and all the joys of Spring. I have tried to pick 5 staples that are wearable throughout all of Spring and can be afforded on a student budget!

Floral Skirt. £7.99 Pull and Bear

It’s just necessary to have a floral skirt stepping into the new season of Spring. This one is a figure hugging body con. but there are plenty out there that are not as clingy if that’s more up your street. In the warmer weather it can be worn with just bare legs, or can be teamed up with tights. Because of the pattern, maybe wear with a plain top so there isn’t a clash of colour. It can be worn with any footwear, from pumps to sandals.

Shorts £17.99 Pull and Bear

Time to flash those pins ladies in a lovely pair of dark denim shorts. Because we don’t have the warm climate just at the moment, tights are definitely suitable to wear underneath. These shorts are high waisted, and can be worn with crop tops or can have a top tucked into them. A nice change from jeans and again the choice is yours when it comes to footwear.

£14.99 H & M

During the Spring, it’s nice to have a change from wearing thick socks and boots, so I chose these light weight canvas pumps. If you like to keep your outfits simple, then these shoes are good for mixing it up a little. They are able to be worn with anything, whatever takes your fancy. Pretty yet practical nicely sums up these shoes, and something different to sandals if you are feet conscious.

Denim Jacket £24.99 Pull and Bear

This is a definite must for Spring. It’s still a bit too early to go out without a coat, and so this is the perfect compromise. It is so versatile – it can be dressed up with a pretty scarf or just worn by itself. Even if you team it with jeans, denim on denim is perfect.  Probably the baggier the better so it leaves you with movement throughout the day.

Floral Dress £38 Urban Outfitters

A definite must have of the Spring into Summer is a loose floral dress. This one might be quite long by other standards but perhaps that is an advantage and it is great for either day or not. It can be worn with sandals or pumps (please ignore the socks in the picture). Accessories will definitely give it another dimension but it’s not necessary as the dress speaks for itself. Pair with a shirt or cardigan for extra warmth.

Crop Top £18 Topshop

As a new member of the crop top club, I would encourage you to go out and invest in one! Perfect for Spring or any season really because they are light and comfortable. I prefer to wear them with something high waisted to show off less of a mid-drift but that’s just me. This one just has flowers around the edge so I let it do the work but it can be worn with as many or as few accessories as you wish.

Now you have a few ideas on what to include in the spring clean of your wardrobe! Enjoy spending your student loan on some spring essentials.