9 stages of every Union night out

The only way to make the Monday night blues go away is to dance it away, and I dare you to find somewhere better to go on the worst day of the week than “Connected” at the Union.

1. Pre’s

The excitement is building and so to get truly pumped up for the night ahead is by pre-ing on copious amounts of vodka, or gin or wine, really anything with an alcoholic base.

Pre-drinks with Glen, ah, classy.

2. Get to the Union before 11pm

Why 11? Because at Connected entry before 11 is on only 2quid – What is not to love about that? After 11 it is still a very reasonable £4, but every pound is precious when a bar is involved.

3. Bunatee Bar

On arrival head into the Bunatee to find a prime seat for creeping on the unions talent, or (if you aren’t a creep) to have craic with your mates before getting into the serious business of dancing.

Just one or two drinks there in the Bunatee…

4. 3 for a 5er

The best bar deal I’ve ever encountered is 3 drinks for £5, aka a student’s dream. Whether it’s 3 pints of larger or a double vodka and blue WKD (swear that’s not my order…) it doesn’t matter, it’ll be a fiver.

That’s water, I swear

5. Toilets

After a few 3 for 5’s you’ll be needing a trip to the loos. I’ve found that in the girls toilet roll is ample and there is always a variety of things going on whether it’s a crying girl or a vomiting one you are sure to not leave without making at least one new friend.

Thanks for that, amigo

6. Mandela

Okay: you’re buzzed on booze and ready to start dancing, it’s Mandela Hall time. Don’t let the hilarious movie clips on the big screens on stage distract you from throwing some serious shapes by the way.

Getting “Connected” with new mates (I could ignore the pun any longer)

7-8. Very blurry, many drinks.

Who knows what happened in these sections. You may have pulled, you might’ve fallen over for the world to see but it doesn’t matter because you aren’t going to remember any of this…until your housemates remind you in the morning.

Who fucking knows?

9. Exiting in style

The lights come on at 2am but you aren’t finished, one more tune you cry but to no avail. So you bid farewell to another fabulous night at Connected as you scramble up the stairs, hopefully with your dignity intact, to the cloak room and home.