What’s on this week

It’s the last week before the Easter holidays! Let our What’s On guide make sure you have a good one.

belfast GAY qub RAG what's on

We’re back for another edition of our weekly ‘What’s on’, helping you suss out your week effortlessly on a Sunday night!

Are you bored of uni work already? Or are you looking for something new and exciting to do in Belfast? Well, fear not. Here at The Tab, we have planned your week for you, so there’s no need look further!

Monday 31st March

Rather than downing a pint, why don’t you donate a pint? Save a life in 45 minutes today and drop into The Space in the Union and donate your blood! You can drop into The Space today from 10.30am-1pm and 2.15pm until 5pm. If you can’t make it today, then GiveBloodNI will be there at exactly the same times tomorrow.

Tuesday 1st April

It’s international Batman day today! Expensive drinks are the ‘Bane’ of our lives aren’t they? Head on down to the Speakeasy then, for a cheeky pint after your lectures. The word on the street is that there are FREE pints being offered to anyone who is wearing a cape between 3 and 4pm. Yes, it really is true. It could be called daylight Robin’.

Wednesday 2nd April

Queen’s PEC hosts its 5k race around the river tonight. If you’re feeling fit and competitive then why not join up?! Starting at 7pm, you’ll run around the ‘fast route’ of the River Lagan. You can sign up online, or go down to the PEC on the day before 6.30pm.

If you’re not really feeling a run tonight (I mean,you could run 5k if you wanted to, right?), then there’s always the Midweek music quiz in the Speakeasy… It starts at 9.30pm, it’s free, and you can test your knowledge of all things music!

I’ll do the 5k tomorrow, definitely…

Thursday 3rd April

RAG is running a Marie Curie Cancer Care Challenge on the Lisburn Road today! If you want to help out then drop in any time between 10am and 5pm. This is part of a campaign to raise awareness and to increase profit, so even if you can’t help out today, donate your unwanted clothes in the RAG office in the union! (It definitely beats taking a no-make up selfie…)

My, my, you’ve been such a charitable person this week! Why not continue with that good Karma and go to the HOMED/RAG sleepout tonight outside of the McClay library. Here’s the Facebook page, even if you don’t want to sleep out in the cold tonight, you can always donate to a much needed cause!

Friday 4th April

End your last day before the Easter holidays in style – Tonight there’s live music in the house bar from 10pm! Music + alcohol = a good night out.

Saturday 5th April

In the Oh Yeah centre on Gordon Street tonight, there is a ‘Music for Change’ event, which hosts loads of great local bands and all proceeds go towards a charitable cause!

Also, the Belfast Film Festival ends tonight with the screening of the Hitchcock film, ‘Dial M for Murder’. Check out the website, for more details! There’s hundreds of fantastic films being screened all over the city, so settle back, relax and grab the popcorn.

Sunday 6th April

In celebration of the recent news that gay marriage is now legal in England and Wales, but not here apparently… why not go down to The Sunday Bingo Show in the Union Street bar! Be prepared for men in drag, filthy jokes and a chance to win up to £500. Good luck.