St Patrick’s Day sexual assault in Holylands area

PSNI have confirmed a sexual assault on a female in the student area of South Belfast

exclusive Holylands st pats

PSNI have revealed that a woman in her 20s was assaulted in the Holylands/Lower Malone area of South Belfast over the St. Patrick’s Day celebrations in the area last week.

The incident happened in the early hours of the morning of Tuesday 18th March when the woman was assaulted by a male in her own property in the area.

The woman, believed to be a student, was not injured in the incident.

PSNI posters on consent currently up in QUBSU

PSNI revealed earlier in the week that 5 arrests had been made in the popular student area during St Patrick’s Day celebrations – one of these was for criminal assault.

Police presence was heavy in the area over St Patrick’s Day to curb disorderly behaviour, but residents have since complained about damage to property and antisocial behaviour from students who had been drinking steadily from the early hours of Monday morning.

A spokesperson for PSNI said “Police can confirm that a report of a sexual assault was received in the early hours of Tuesday 18 March.

“A woman, aged in her 20s, is reported to have been assaulted by a male at a property in the Lower Malone area of South Belfast.

“The woman was not injured in the incident.”

If you know anything more you can contact Crimestoppers 0800 555 111 or email any comments to [email protected]