Gettin’ Thrifty at RAG’s Pop-up Thrift Shop

Welcome to the SU’s pop up thrift shop, set up by RAG to bring a fashionable end to the annual RAG week.

| UPDATED charity fashion RAG

I think it’s safe to say that even though it was small, there were bargains to be had. Despite being a thrift shop, it was anything but tacky. From the usual clothes to a Star Wars trilogy, I was quite impressed with the goodies within this wee store.

Thankfully, there wasn’t that usual old person smell that charity shops normally emit. I was expecting, as you do, old tat and rags but in fact the selection was plentiful. All the clothes were in perfect condition, and some not even previously worn. Bargain!

With a rail dresses and a table of skirts and shorts, all of the seasons were covered within the space of one room. Boys needn’t have felt left out, RAG had provided a rail of fashionable thrift finds for the guys too.

Ooh, Topshop.

Even after going to the Thrift Shop on the second day, there were still some hidden gems amongst the clothes, like Topshop or River Island or even a pair of designer Jasper Conran  shoes. RAG made a considerable profit yesterday of £150 and all going to their chosen charity of Childreach International.

Just casually slip into this for your Monday morning lecture.

Despite there mostly being good taste at this thrift shop, the rare oddity cropped up, but really, you can’t have a charity shop without some weird and wonderful clothing…

Overall, the price was reasonable, stretching from £3 to £7 and all proceeds to a worthwhile cause, Childreach International.

Did you pick up any thrifty finds at SU’s pop up thrift shop this week? Tweet us your #ootd’s @TheTabBelfast