NI Netball Intervarsities Tournament held at QUB

On Friday 28th of Feb and Saturday 1st March, the annual NI Netball Intervarsities Tournament will be held at Queen’s University, down at the PEC where QUB Netball Team hope to steal victory from last year’s winners University College of Dublin.

| UPDATED intervarsities netball pec qub ucd

This year, Queen’s University Belfast are hosting the Annual Intervarsity Tournament at the PEC, where Head Coach of QUB’s Netball Team; Karen McVeigh as well as QUB Netball Team Club Captain; Ellie Richmond would like to invite students to come and support Queen’s as they take on rivals:

• University College Dublin (UCD)
  • Trinity College Dublin
  • University of Ulster
  • St Mary’s
  • Jordanstown and
  • Coleraine

Zoë Beggs, VP of QUB Netball Team said “I can’t wait for intervarsities this year, it’s going to be great and queens will be bringing their ‘A’ game, this year we want gold!”

Just incase you get lost on the day; Queen’s PEC

…and If you need any more incentives to go along, it’s FREE into the PEC all weekend (as long as you’re going to watch the tournaments of course) where the matches are on from:

• Friday 28th February, 12-5pm
  • Saturday 1st March, 9am-6pm (semis and finals!)

The QUB Netball Team and Committee have also rallied up support from local businesses such as Big Al’s BBQ Burgers, Grotto Sports, Pappys Bakery and many more other sponsors and supporters!

The QUB Netball team and committee have rallied up support from yummy local businesses Big Al’s BBQ Burgers, Pappy’s Bakery, and less yummy but no less impressive Grotto Sports. The committee told The Tab,  “our aim was to create an event that’s all about and for Belfast. Hence the sponsorship of local businesses, the inclusion of other Qub sports in the promotion of the event and the invitation to local primary and secondary netball teams to come watch.”

QUB Netball Team sneak peek promo video compilation

They’ll also be debuting a promo video alongside QUB basketball, cheerleading and trampolining societies  in the hopes that they can try to lure all you lovelies into supporting them as they try and win gold!

If that wasn’t enough, there’ll be a a raffle on Saturday, (prizes include No Alibis bookshop vouchers and Common Grounds vouchers plus more secret prizes too!), along with performances from the ever perky QUB Cheerleading society; Queen’s Knights, as well as Red Bull (also perky), members of Queen’s Radio, who’ll be making the rounds alongside us lot from The Tab Belfast and commentating on the event all weekend!

A cheeky glimpse of QUB’s Queen’s Knights performance!

And finally, to end the weekend of events, all 108 girls, will be making their way across to El Divino to celebrate (fingers crossed Queens!) Sarah Thompson, VP of QUB Netball Team also said: “108 excitable girls all in one club, why wouldn’t you come join us in El Divino!?”

If you needed persuading to go party with the QUB Netball Committee…

Finally, I’ll leave you with the words of 3rd year English student at Queens, fellow Tab Belfast writer and QUB Netball Club Captain; Ellie Richmond who asks “those three little words; ‘we need support!'”