5 under a Fiver: Valentine’s Day Gifts

So you’ve wasted all your loan already and just remembered it’s Valentine’s Day this Friday. Don’t panic, we’ve got your sorted.

| UPDATED cheap fiver gifts valentines day

Here’s some quick and easy valentines presents- and all for under a fiver!

I.O.U coupons

A favourite for valentine’s day- buy pink cardboard, use an old felt tip marker and think of things you wouldn’t normally do for your partner! Some classics are “I.O.U a movie night” “I.O.U a massage” “I.O.U breakfast in bed” these can be as dirty or as clean as you like… Use a hole-punch on the top of the cards and tie them together with a ribbon for decoration!

Some PG I.O.U examples 

Personalised coffee in the morning

A quick and easy idea that can be really sweet! If they love their coffee this is the one for you. Go to Starbucks (or somewhere cheaper if you like) in the morning or right before you’re going to see them, get their favourite drink and ask the person behind the till could they write a special message on the cup- something cheesy like “happy valentine’s day beautiful” or a personal joke that you have- bound to bring a smile to their face and cheaper than a valentines present!

For those of you brave enough, Starbucks staff loved this idea!

Pink popcorn

For the more creative student- place popcorn flat on a tray, melt white chocolate and put a tiny drop of red food colouring in, mix together until it’s a nice pink colour. Then with a spoon drizzle the chocolate over the popcorn and wait until it has set. Then pour chocolate covered popcorn into an empty glass jar – which can be bought in Tescos and Poundland for a pound- or of course you could always wash out a jar from last night’s pasta or curry dinner (make sure it’s definitely clean!) and tie a ribbon around it for decoration!

Pretty, cheap and tastes great!! 

Breakfast in bed

Always a winner- you could even valentines it up by cutting toast or the whites of a fried egg into a heart- or attach a red piece of heart shaped card onto the end of the tea bag string with your cute cheesy Valentines message of choice.

Cheesy but a guaranteed hit with those who love Valentines day 

The DVD night in

This can be a cheap, easy treat for couples- any old DVD’s you have lying about the house will do, or you can buy some pretty good second hand ones for under a fiver in entertainment exchange in town. Buy in popcorn and sweets or if you’re feeling romantic a bottle of wine and heart shaped chocolates always go down well!

Who doesn’t love a good night in with Gerard Butler’s cheesiest role?