National Christmas jumper day: it’s snow joke

13th December is National Christmas Jumper day. Yeah, it has an official national day of celebration now…

belfast christmas christmas jumpers

You guessed it, it’s that time of year again, get ready to whip out the Christmas Jumpers!

Love it or loathe it, the Christmas jumpers have made another come back this year and have had a massive turn out at Queen’s. The Tab ventured into the sea of festive knitwear at SU’s annual Christmas party to scout out the general consensus on Christmas jumpers.

The favourite this year seems to be the reindeer.

My attempt to join in the jumper festivities. One Christmas party-goer said “that reindeer on your jumper has more teeth than I do”. Charming.

Definitely no shame when it comes to these two! Christmas Jumper competitors, take note. This is what you should aspire to.

One of the tamer Christmas Jumpers, but still one nonetheless with its festive patterns. 

a walking Christmas advert for Coca Cola…

For this guy, the excitement was just too much. Super proud to be in his jumper. That’s right, we all know it’s Christmas when we see the Coca Cola advert on TV. This chap thought a Christmas jumper wouldn’t be the same without it.

You fellas seem to be very into your patterned knit wear this Wintry season.

And yes, a guy is wearing a reindeer hat. Taking the Christmas festivities to a whole new level…

Sadly, I have to admit (begrudgingly), you guys out there definitely seem to be much keener than us girls. Maybe Christmas Jumpers are your secret calling.

Look out Santa, you have lost one of your reindeers!

One of my personal favourites. Only a true man can feel comfortable wearing a PROPER Christmas jumper out and about.

Guy in the blue is really getting into his role as a Christmas jumper ambassador. Guy in the red, your jumper speaks for itself…

The 3 Wise Men (plus friend) all dressed up in their jumpers

And the reindeer hats seem to be becoming a welcome addition to the jumpers. Maybe next year they’ll have a national day as well.

I have to admit, I do love a Christmas Jumper, and the people in these pictures seem to as well. Christmas loses excitement as we all get older and if wearing a ridiculous jumper lets you recapture your youth, then do it. YOLO and all that.

Sweat yourself to exhaustion wearing it in a club, wear it wherever, wear it today. Just don’t wear it after December 25th. That’s completely socially unacceptable.

Embrace the Christmas jumper. Yule be sorry if you don’t (sorry).